May is Mental Health Awareness Month. All of us likely need to take a moment, breathe, and think about ourselves and our teammates. How are you ACTUALLY doing? How are my colleagues ACTUALLY doing?
We get it. We are all too busy. There is the report due for work. The call you forgot that you had started five minutes ago. There is the kids’ band practice. There is the realization at 4:00 pm that you never ate lunch. Wait, are the in-laws coming over for dinner tonight? So, when in the cacophony that is our day are we supposed to think about ourselves, our teammates, and our Mental Health Awareness?
The Japanese term Kaizen refers to the act of continuous self-improvement. Finding a little bit of time here and there to work on your Mental Health Awareness. We do not expect you and your team to suddenly find an hour each day to do something for yourselves. But, if you find just 5 minutes a day, in one year you can add over thirty hours of self-reflection and self-thought.
Now, you are probably thinking “This all sounds great, but what are we supposed to do in that 5 minutes we have set aside for ourselves”? Don’t worry, Teamraderie has you, your team, and your Mental Health Awareness, covered.
5 Mental Health Activities to help you and your team’s Mental Health Awareness
1) Keeping active helps you feel better, it helps you sleep, and it helps with your self-esteem. Try the Activate Your Body To Activate High-Performing Teams experience! Come together as a team to pause and recharge. e In this experience, a professional trainer will lead your team through a few energy-boosting resistance training movements designed to recharge your mind by strengthening your body while at work.
2) Did you know that plants help relieve feelings of anxiety and depression? Help your team learn how to Thrive, not just survive with our Grow a Terrarium to Cultivate Team Well-Being experience. Everyone on your team will receive all the supplies needed to build their own little garden. As you create your terrarium you will learn about health and wellness, share tactics for self-care and growth, and flex your creative muscles with a show-and-tell of your creations.
3) Finding yourself mentally pulled in too many directions? In our Reduce Stress and Anxiety to Improve Team Focus, a professional trainer will lead your team through breathing exercises and small resistance training movements focused on the hands and upper body designed to trigger calm and enhance concentration. This will help you and your team learn what daily habits you can learn to reduce stress and improve focus.
4) Learning a new skill not only gives you a sense of accomplishment, it also helps you connect with others! Try our Experience: Deepen Team Connection Through Painting to help brush off those creative muscles. In this Teamraderie experience, your team receives a beautifully wrapped kit with a canvas, paints, and brushes. An instructor from a female-led California-based art studio joins you live and walks you through each step to creating your masterpiece. Discover what your team could gain from having shared creative experience.
5) Sometimes the best approach to a busy day is to just take a break. Even better is to do it with your team. Our Brew Break Experience for Your Busy Team forces you to stop thinking about work to spend 25 minutes reconnecting with your team and learning more about beverages you likely drink every single day! Your teammates will receive elegant coffee and tea kits. One of the world’s top baristas will join you to lead coffee/tea brewing and tasting. Your team will discuss regional flavors and understand the journey from farm to cup.